Resonators & Filters
Token's quartz crystal resonator series meets updated industrial demands including wider frequency and operating temperature range, higher and more frequency stability, industrial standard ceramic surface mount packages. Customer's design and requirements are also encouraged and welcomed.
- --- Saw Filters ---
- (TSF) RF / IF Saw Filter / Page 2
- --- Saw Resonators ---
- (TSR) One Port / Two Port Saw Resonator
Token RF Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) filters and resonators include low loss filters for remote control receivers and mobile telephone and receive path.
RF Saw filters and saw resonators Feature with small external impedance matching with excellent rejection, low series resistance, quartz stability and small sizes for wireless equipments.
- (DA) Dielectric Patch Antenna
- (DR) Dielectric Coaxial Resonators
- (TE) Dielectric Resonators & Materials
- (DF) Dielectric Filters | P2 | P3 | P4 | P5 | P6 | P7
Token's Dielectric Resonator, Dielectric Coaxial Resonator, Dielectric Patch Antenna, and Dielectric Filters are widely used in: Wireless Cellular Phones and Cable Televisions, Cellular Base Stations Direct Broadcast Satellite Receivers, Automobile Collision Avoidance Sensors, and so on.
Token microwave components are material with high Q, good temperature stability, and high d constant enables design of stable microwave oscillators. Dielectric microwave component utilizes the latest piezo technology enabling the most cost-effective designs to be housed in the lowest profile packages for extremely high performance within limited space. SMD and reflow soldering is available and mountable by automatic placing machine. Custom packages are available in Token. Please consult our sales representatives or engineers as regards the products of other frequency.
- --- Resonator (MHz) ---
- (ZTT) with Built-in Capacitor - Murata Ceramic Resonator CST Compatible
- (ZTAC/ZTTC) Surface Mount - Murata Ceramic Resonator CSAC/CSTC Compatible
- (ZTA) Completely Washable Epoxy Coated - Murata Ceramic Resonator CSA Compatible
- --- Resonator (KHz) ---
- (ZTB) for Remote Control - Murata Ceramic Resonator CSB Compatible
- (ZTBY) Surface Mountable - Murata Ceramic Resonator CSBF Compatible
- (ZTB 456F/500/503F/912F) for HI-FI Stereo - Murata Ceramic Resonator CSB456/503/912F Compatible
Token offers full piezo resonator lines which meet the performance requirements of today's industrial piezo resonator applications. Ours consumer grade resonators are rated from -20°C to +80°C, and industrial resonator standards offer stable performance with an operating temperature range. The temperature variation and aging characteristics of the automotive grade serve the market well, providing reliable start up and stable oscillation in microprocessor circuits across a wide variety of applications. Token offers ceramic resonators in two extending frequency ranges in MHz and KHz.
- --- for FM Applications ---
- (LTCS10.7M) Low Profile - Murata Chip Ceramic Filter SFECS10M7 Compatible
- (LT10.7M) Wide/Narrow Band-Width - Murata Ceramic Filter SFELF10M7 Compatible
- (LTCA/CV10.7M) Surface Mount - Murata SMD Ceramic Filter SFECV10M7 Compatible
- --- for TV/VCR Stage ---
- (LTS MCB/MDB) Low Spurious Ceramic Filter for Multiplex Sound
- (LTT MA) High-Selectivity - Murata Ceramic Filter SFT Compatible
- (LT MB) for 2 Channel Multi-Sound TV - Murata Ceramic Filter SFE MB Compatible
- --- for Communication ---
- (LTA) for Radio Cassette Recorder Filter
- (LTB) for Shrinking Mobile Communication Filter
- (MLT) Miniature for AM - Murata Ceramic Filter PFB Compatible
- (LTZ) Low Cost for AM Standard - Murata Ceramic Filter SFZ Compatible
- (LTP) for Standard AM - Murata Ceramic Filter SFU450/455kHz Compatible
- (LTC 455/450) Surface Mountable - Murata Ceramic Filter CFUCG Compatible
- (LZU) Search-Stop Signal Detection - Murata Ceramic Filter BFULA Compatible
- (LT 455/450 U/W) G.D.T. Characteristics - Murata Ceramic Filter CF, SF Compatible
- (LTM 455/450) Miniaturized Versions - Murata Ceramic Filter CFUM/WM 455/450 Compatible
For more than two decades, piezo technology has been instrumental in the proliferation of solid state electronics. A view of the future reveals that even greater expectations will be placed on piezoelectric material in the area of new applications and for more stringent performance criteria in current products. Traditionally, nearly all low and high-end AM / FM commercial radios use piezo band-pass filters. However, applications are also found in cordless telephones, cellular systems, 2-way communications, and the television industry.
As a world leader in the development of piezo technology, Token Electronics had been able to develop specialized piezo materials which when combined with an advance design have resulted in a complete line of practical, inexpensive ceramic filters for entertainment and communications applications.
- (JTCV10.7M) SMD Ceramic Discriminator for FM
- (JT10.7M) for FM - Murata Discriminator CDA 10.7 Compatible
- (JTC) for Communication - Murata Chip Ceramic Discriminator CDBC Compatible
- (JTM) for Communication - Murata Ceramic Discriminator CDB/CDBC/CDBM Compatible
Token reliably deliver high-quality components according to the each customer special needs with respect to performance, costs, and technology modifications. For marketing discontinuations or sourcing activities concerning Ceramic Discriminator products, you are encouraged to contact our Sales Department so the request can be properly directed within Token.
- (XT MT) for TV Set - Murata Triple Trap Filter TPT Compatible
- (XT MW) for TV Set - Murata Double Trap Filter TPWA Compatible
- (XT MB) for TV/VCR Stage - Murata Trap Filter TPS MB Compatible
- (XT MJ) for Chrominance Carrier - Murata Trap Filter TPS MJ Compatible
For marketing discontinuations or sourcing activities concerning Piezoelectric "Trap Filters", you are encouraged to contact our Sales Department so the request can be properly directed within Token.
Application Notes of Piezoelectric Ceramics
When a high D.C. voltage is applied to such ceramics, the directions of the spontaneous polarizations are brought to an uniformity and a ferroelectricity ceramics is attained. Download PDF (498KB)
The piezo by itself is not a clock, so it must be used with circuitry built into the IC to create the clock signal. The clock circuit consists of the passive resonator, quartz or ceramic piezo, and an active amplifier that is built into the IC. Please refer to this page for Piezo Electric Devices Precaution Usage. Download PDF (412KB)
Redial Taping Dimensions of Piezo Filters, Resonators, Discriminators, and Trap. Download PDF (425KB)
New Microwave Dielectric Materials for Wireless Communication From Token Electronics.
"Everything from the electromagnetic properties to microstructure of the material is important for the final result" Download PDF (218KB)
Items of comparison are electrical performances (insertion loss, fractional bandwidth, spurious response), handling power and intermodulation, size and weight, temperature stability, design flexibility, and cost (mass productivity). Download PDF (191KB)
How Piezoceramic Element Works. Coaxial Resonator, Dielectric Dissipation Factor (tanδ), Dielectric Resonator (DR), Dielectric Constant (K), Global Positioning System (GPS), etc. Download PDF (338KB)
Advantage of Token Saw Devices. Token Electronics has gained a successful development of Saw components, due to our flexible design capabilities and cost-optimizing production facilities. In addition to our extensive offering of standard Saw devices, Token has diverse Engineering experience spanning hundreds of custom designed saw components, Bandpass Filters, Low Loss Filters and saw based subsystems. Download PDF (261KB)
Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) is a wave propagating along the surface of an elastic substrate. Download PDF (293KB)
The emergence of wireless communications and the increased need for wireline-based data transmissions have swelled demand for piezoelectric quartz crystals and oscillators. Emerging industrial and consumer applications are steering the industry. Download PDF (222KB)
What is a "Quartz"? What is the "Quartz Crystal Units"? How Piezoelectricity Works for "Quartz Unit"? What Makes Optimal Angle of Cut So Important? Download PDF ( 296KB)
Aging, AT-Cut, Autoclave, Base-Plating, BT-Cut, Bypass Capacitor, Crystal Units with Suppressed Fundamental Mode, Equivalent Circuit, etc. Download PDF (234KB)
Token's Resonators are made of high stability piezoelectric ceramics that function as a mechanical resonator. This device has been developed to function as a reference signal generator. The frequency is primarily adjusted by the size and thickness of the ceramic element. Download PDF (160KB)
Operating Temperature Ranges, Changes/Drifts in Oscillating Frequency, Fail-Safe Design for Equipment, Abnormal Oscillation, Stray Capacitance, etc. Download PDF (214KB)
The majority of clock sources for microcontrollers can be grouped into two types: those based on mechanical resonant devices, such as crystals and ceramics, and those based on electrical phase-shift circuits such as RC (resistor, capacitor) oscillators. Ceramic and crystal resonator-based oscillators (mechanical) typically provide very high initial accuracy and a moderately low temperature coefficient. Download PDF (208KB)
Token sophisticated ceramics technology has greatly increased selectivity and wide-band characteristics, and has stabilized the characteristics of ceramic filters. The series covers a wide range of attenuation and bandwidths to allow selection of the most optimum filter characteristics for each application. 壓電陶瓷濾波器概述及相關說明 - PDF (233KB)
什麼是陶瓷濾波器? 濾波器的性能特性: 中心頻率: 通帶竟度; 插入損耗; 波紋; 衰減帶寬; 假響應; 假性信號; 底部標高等。 陶瓷濾波器的參數與術語 - PDF (314KB)
主要用於通訊及消費性產品。是目前電子、電器、資訊產品使用量最大、穩定性高、信賴度高的壓電陶瓷元器件。 壓電陶瓷鑒頻器概述及相關說明 - PDF (212KB)
主要用於通訊及消費性產品。壓電陶瓷體積小、質量輕、價格便宜、廣泛用於射頻前端和中頻。 壓電陶瓷陷波器概述及相關說明 - PDF (212KB)
Technology & Design Notice
Operating Temperature Ranges
The Piezo Resonators should not be operated beyond the Operating Temperature Range specified in the catalog.
Changes/Drifts in Oscillating Frequency
Oscillating frequency may drift depending upon the controlling IC and/or external capacitors C1 and C2 used in the circuit design.
Token standard resonator is adjusted with our standard measuring circuit. There could be slight shift in frequency other types of IC are used. When you require exact oscillation frequency in your application, we can adjust it with your specified circuit on request.
Fail-Safe Design for Equipment
When using The Piezo Resonators, it is recommended that you build a protective failsafe circuit into your design to prevent equipment damage in the event that the resonator malfunctions or fails.
The Piezo Resonators are always accompanied by spurious resonances. Spurious oscillations or stoppage of oscillation may occur depending on the circuit design (IC used, frequency characteristics of the IC, supply voltage etc.) and/or environmental conditions. These factors should be taken into consideration when designing the circuit.
Stray capacitances and insulation resistances on printed circuit boards may cause abnormal oscillation or stoppage of oscillation. These factors should be taken into consideration when designing the circuit.
Overvoltage Spikes & Electrostatic Discharges
Voltage spikes and electrostatic discharges may cause damage/malfunction or failures of the resonators.
Abnormal Mechanical Stresses
Abnormal or excess mechanical stresses such as vibration or shock should be avoided when handling or storing resonators to prevent damage and cracking.
Surface Mounting Consideration
In automated mounting of The Piezo Resonators on printed circuit boards, any bending, expanding and pulling forces or shocks to the resonator should be kept to a minimum to prevent electrical failures and/or mechanical damage to the devices.
- Flow Soldering should not be used to solder piezo resonators.
- Please do not apply excess mechanical stress to the component and lead terminals at soldering.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning and Ultrasonic Welding should not be used on piezo resonators to avoid possible damage.
- Avoid washing in water because it could deteriorate the resonator's performance characteristics.
- Avoid resin coating or potting for humidity protection because it could deteriorate the resonator's performance characteristics.